Weight loss help

Learn how to lose weight with effective exercise, diet, nutrition, metabolism, energy balance and fat oxidation to lose fat permanently. Create a weight loss program to suit lifestyle and body types.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Healthy Eating Tactic

Many years ago I used to struggle sticking to a healthier diet. I knew eating many more vegetables and fruits would provide me with great benefits for health as well as help lose weight naturally, but I didn't like many vegetables and I hated cooking or preparing foods, I always wanted food quickly. It was also very hard to break away from such strong eating habits.

The tactic I used in the end was to switch around my general habit, and not to cut out my "treats". At the time I used to eat too much "bad" foods with just a little health food to keep me heathly. What I did was switch that policy around, I would eat half a plateful of vegetables first (sometimes having to hold my nose), then eat some of my favourite foods, this acted like a reward for eating foods I wasn't that keen on. After a week or so I reduced the portion size of the junk foods I ate after the veg, this was so I could reduce calories but still feel as though I wasn't missing out on the tasty food I enjoyed. Also cutting portion size was really necessary because all those vegetables eaten first was filling my stomach and I was struggling to eat normal portions.

Eventually I got used to eating the vegetables, with the help of experimenting with herbs and spices which added more taste to the veg. Today I enjoy eating them and have slowly eliminated most junk foods from my diet. I feel much better in myself and have lots more energy!

I call it veg-power!!
 

View My Stats